Hosted at Range of Motion, this event is open to all Health and Fitness Professionals, Trainers and Coaches. This is an intensive, information dense learning weekend that will leave you with an enormous depth and breadth of knowledge and hundreds of practical applications in the exercise and fitness field. Invest in yourself to supercharge your personal and professional development and take your value and expertise to a whole new level.
Presented by Dan Williams, Exercise Physiologist and Exercise Scientist.
This Professional Development event will comprise 13 theory based tutorial modules, each with practical components and applications. There will be a total of 15 hours of intensive education over the weekend.
Professional Development Modules:
Module 1: Human Movement Basics: The biomechanical basics of human movement as expressed through elements of powerlifting, Olympic weightlifting and unloaded bodyweight movement.
Module 2: Olympic Weightlifting Biomechanics: The biomechanics of the snatch, clean, and jerk. We explore the importance of positioning at each phase of the lifts and discuss correctional drills for fault eradication.
Module 3: Exercise Programming Philosophies: An in-depth approach to exercise programming for varying goals and levels of ability. We cover programming on a macro level of long term individualised periodisation, down to the micro level of individual session construction.
Module 4: Sport and Exercise Psychology: The education, acquisition and practice phases of psychological skills training. We will cover the principles and strategies related to Arousal Regulation, Imagery, Self Confidence, Goal Setting and Concentration.
Module 5: Functional Flexibility: Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation: Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation techniques to maximise flexibility, musculo-skeletal health and performance. We cover the theory to unlock the mechanical workings behind this technique of release and improved force development. Specific PNF techniques are covered, teaching the student how to implement partner assisted PNF with their clients.
Module 6: Movement Screening and Correction: Learn to conduct in-depth assessments on the movement patterns in common exercises. Based on this assessment, conclusions can be drawn about musculo-skeletal health and specific corrective prescriptions can be made. Covers assessment of fault, identification of offending structures, and programming to correct the offending imbalances.
Module 7: Weight Loss Physiology: Physiological principles of weight loss, including strategies to maximise Excess Post-Exercise Oxygen Consumption and metabolically active tissue. We cover the variables of intensity, volume, exercise type and variety, and how they can be controlled for maximal returns. We also revisit nutritional recommendations for body composition change.
Module 8: Exercise for Chronic Conditions: The relationships between exercise and chronic conditions – how exercise can be used as a treatment and prevention modality, and how the condition can impact exercise programming. Covers immunological disorders, metabolic disease, orthopaedic disease, pulmonary disease, cardiovascular disease and neuromuscular and degenerative disorders.
Module 9: Exercising Around, and Rehabilitating Injuries: The most common injuries seen in a general population of exercisers. We discuss the mechanics and causative factors of injury, and explore methods for modifying training for clients with injuries.
Module 10: Fast-Tracking Athlete and Client Development: Teaches the coach strategies for responsibly fast tracking the process of athlete and client development. Covers all bases to expose athletes and coaches to all areas of performance maximisation.
Module 11: Developing Workout Strategy: Uses a knowledge of energy systms and human performance characteristics to develop a practical framework for maximising performance in competitive exercising.
Module 12: Functional Fitness Competition Preparation: A complete overview of the short term processes involved in competition preparation, from over a week out.
Module 13: Recovery Maximisation: A complete practical template for maximising recovery from intense exercise. The theory of multiple modes of recovery are covered, as well as the practical applications of each.
Presenter: Dan Williams:
Your presenter is Dan Williams, Exercise Physiologist and Exercise Scientist. Dan is the Director of Range of Motion and Co-Director of both Fitness Educators, and My Fitness File. He has a Bachelor of Science (Exercise and Health Science) and a Postgraduate Bachelor of Exercise Rehabilitation Science from The University of Western Australia, with minors in Biomechanics and Sport Psychology.
Dan has coached and taught sport and exercise for over 17 years working with many thousands of individuals along the full health spectrum, from the chronically injured, diseased and deconditioned, through to elite athletes. He has extensive experience in clinical settings (chronic disease and musculoskeletal rehabilitation) and in human performance. Dan has conducted over 25,000 individual one-on-one sessions and consultations since he founded Range of Motion in 2006.
Dan is a two-time CrossFit Games coach (Helen Harding 40-44 Masters Champion, 2016 and Denae Brown, Open Division, 2014), four-time CrossFit Regionals coach, and four time CrossFit Regionals athlete. He has been involved with CrossFit since 2007, and has written for The CrossFit Journal.
As part of Range of Motion’s Education and Corporate branches, Dan regularly presents keynotes, seminars and workshops – using education as a foundation for behaviour change for thousands of people.
Dan drives Range of Motion’s specialisation in the creation of happy, healthy, highly performing individuals, communities and generations.
What Do Our Students Say?
- "This program has allowed me to take practical learnings and apply them to my training and coaching on a daily basis. Dan has challenged my thinking and it has inspired me to keep reading and learning every day."
- "For anyone new to training or coaching or doubting their abilities, take the leap and go on this program, you will come out the other end of the journey with a purpose, with excellent scientifically backed programming principles and a treasure chest of knowledge openly shared by Dan that will drive you to constantly think outside the box going forward."
- "This program is perfect for trainers looking to set themselves apart in a crowded industry."
- "This program has reminded me that every day is a school day when it comes to coaching. I loved every minute and have been inspired to get out there and build on the fantastic foundation I have been provided with."
- "It’s been a mind explosion."
- "You get to witness first hand, that with the correct scientifically backed programming and expert coaching, training really is accessible to everyone and can be tailored to individual needs and circumstances."
- "Dan’s specific knowledge and dedication to making sure every single client is achieving perfection and achieving goals through precise technique and form is beyond amazing."
- "It’s like taking that one perfect photo with multiple lenses – I now see how incorporating multiple methodologies over individual training sessions results in increased gains and positive outcomes."
- "Dan has helped me develop my coaching skills and increased my knowledge of applied exercise science."
- "Dan teaches you evidence based training, giving real-world skills you can use straight away."