Check out the latest entry in our Paleo Recipe Competition - Haybox Tandoori Chicken.
- A splash of olive oil
- 2 large onions - sliced
- 4 large chicken breasts - cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons tandoori paste (I like Patak's)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds (I make my own - no need to remove almond skins)
- To serve: Cauli rice and a sambal made of finely diced spring onions, tomatoes and cucumber with fresh mint and a dressing of beautiful Gingin olive oil and Balsamic vinegar.
- Heat oil gently.
- Add sliced onions, raise heat and cook until browned, stirring.
- Toss in the chicken strips to seal.
- Add tandoori paste and cook off for 2 mins.
- Add coconut milk and ground almonds.
- Bring to simmer and put in the haybox until dinner time.
- If you don't have a haybox (shame on you!) simmer for about 20 mins until the chicken is cooked through. Serve with cauli rice and sambal.
Accredited Exercise Physiologist
Accredited Exercise Scientist
Level One CrossFit Coach