LENGTH: Two hours
TARGET: Athletes, Crossfitters and Coaches
CONTENT: This practical workshop will teach attendees Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation techniques to maximise performance. A complete theory session is also included to uncover the mechanical workings behind this technique of release and improved force development. All seminar material will be provided to attendees. Content includes:
- How PNF increases strength, speed and useable flexibility.
- Explanation of the 'length-tension' curve and how we can use this knowledge to maximise performance.
- The four stages in PNF: Antagonist contraction (opposite muscle to the one being stretched), Static stretch, Agonist contraction (the muscle being stretched), Static stretch.
- Description of reciprocal inhibition.
- Practical application of PNF on a partner, including (but not limited to) PNF of the hamstrings, glutes, adductors, hip flexors, gastrocs and soleus, pecs, internal and external rotators of the shoulder, extensors of the shoulder.