LENGTH: Two hours
TARGET: Coaches and CrossFitters
CONTENT: This practical workshop will teach attendees to assess ther own movement and that of others. Based on this assessment, conclusions can be drawn about musculo-skeletal health and specific corrective prescriptions can be made. Attendees will leave with not only an in depth knowledge of the processes involved, but also a plan for personal movement correction. All seminar material will be provided to attendees. Content includes:
- An introduction to the three stage model of assessment, identification and correction.
- The basics of static posture, including assessment and identification.
- Assessment of key movements, including (but not limited to) the squat, deadlift and press (attendee will be taught to complete).
- Identification of musculo-skeletal factors impairing the key movements (attendee will be taught to complete).
- Prescription of specific exercises and strategies to correct underlying musculo-skeletal dysfunction (attendee will be taught to complete).
- An introduction to proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation.
- The theory and importance of specific movement therapy as well as general recovery as part of an effective post- exercise routine.
- Personal musculo-skeletal correction.