LENGTH: Two hours
TARGET: General, CrossFitters and Coaches
CONTENT: This seminar covers a complete scientific model for weight loss, including both nutritional and exercise guidlines. Theory behind all strategies is covered, as well as practical methods of putting the theory into practice. All seminar material will be provided to attendees. Content includes:
- The evolutionary perspective on nutrition and activity.
- An introduction to insulin and the role it plays in weight management.
- An introduction to leptin and the role it plays in weight management.
- An examination of the primary macronutrients and their effect on insulin levels.
- Specific recommendations for types of food to consume.
- Specific recommendations for types of food to avoid.
- An introduction to EPOC (excess post exercise oxygen consumption), it's role in weight management and methods to achieve it.
- Information on creating metabolically active tissue, it's role in weight management and methods to achieve it.
- Guidlines on exercise intensity.
- Guidlines on exercise volume.
- The importance of efficient and complex full body compound movements to maximise the physical requirements of exercise.
- The importance of alternating and conflicting movements to increase energy expenditure due to a blood shunting effect (redistribution of blood to different areas of the body, therefore maximising physical requirements).
- The importance of resistance based training to maximise lean muscle mass and thus increase the size of the metabolic engine.
- The importance of moving of large loads, long distances, quickly, thus increasing work capacity and energy expenditure.
- The importance of a very high degree of variety to ensure constant adaptation.
- The importance of a focus on performance and achievement over weight loss.