The information is intended to inform and educate and is not a replacement for medical evaluation, advice, diagnosis or treatment by a healthcare professional.
A frozen shoulder is a little understood condition that involves pain and lack of movement around the joint. The shoulder may develop adhesions (scar tissue) which may further impair movement.
The exact causes of a frozen shoulder are not completely understood. Often it develops following a previous injury or shoulder condition.
- Increase range of motion in all planes of shoulder movement
- Improve shoulder flexibility
- Improve shoulder strength
- Prevent transfer of adhesive capsulitis to opposite shoulder
- Increase scapula stability