Shoulder Active Range of Motion
- Stand with the arm abducted to 90 degrees and the elbow flexed to 90 degrees.
- Rapidly rotate the arm back (taking the hand backwards) until you reach end range.
- Repeat with the arm rotating forward.
- Ensure scapulae remain retracted.
- Ensure elbow remains at shoulder height.
- Begin in a standing position.
- Swing one arm overhead so the elbow is pointing up and the hand touches the back of the same shoulder. The other arm should swing down across the front of the body.
- Repeat for the other arm in a non-stop swing.
- Stand with your back to the wall.
- Place one hand in the small of your lower back and the other hand on the front of your leg.
- Apply pressure to the hand in your lower back to ensure the back remains neutral and does not over extend.
- Lift the other arm forwards, aiming to get the back of the hand to the wall overhead.