Shoulder Passive Range of Motion
- Stand with hands extended overhead.
- Maintaining shoulder position, tilt the pelvic forward and back, emphasising the posterior rotation (flat backed position).
- Lie face down on the ground with arms extended overhead and hands clasped together.
- Parter sits on the upper back and draws the arms upwards, completing a PNF sequence.
- Hold a broomstick or barbell in the front rack position, with hands slightly wider than normal.
- Place the elbows on a bar or other object at shoulder height, using the object to drive the elbows up and in.
- Raise arm to the front of the body and bend the elbow to 90 degrees with the hand pointing up.
- Place a broomstick on the outside of the raised arm and grasp it between the thumb and fingers.
- Use the other hand to rotate the arm outwards.
- Reach one hand up the back and grasp the end of a broomstick.
- Use the other hand to pull the arm being stretched upwards.
- Keep shoulders level and shoulder blades retracted.
- Pull elbow of arm being stretched as close to the spine as possible.