Kareena Preston is a Coach and Subject Matter Expert in Swimming.
In this interview, Dan asks KP about how CrossFit athletes can benefit from her area of specialisation.
- The single biggest thing CrossFit athletes neglect.
- How more focus on very specific areas of swimming training could benefit CrossFitters.
- How to incorporate more swimming into your training without spending more time training.
- The smallest thing a CrossFit athlete could do to give the greatest benefit.
- What KP would like to see programmed as an event in The CrossFit Games.
- What KP will be covering at the Range of Motion Athlete Camp.
Kareena Preston has worked in the swimming teaching and coaching industry for over 25 years moving from learn to swim as a high school graduate to high performance coaching since 2005.
She has extensive experience in placing swimmers to National Championship level (including medallists) as well as placing swimmers on Junior and Senior Australian Swim teams. She has a passion for coaching open water and marathon swimmers and welcomes any opportunity to work in the ocean. Kareena continues to work extensively with Down Syndrome Swimming Australia as a coach on the Australian Team.
Kareena has coached some very talented athletes in the CrossFit Community to the world stage of the CrossFit Regionals and CrossFit Games. She currently enjoys coaching the emerging talent at Kwinana Swimming Club.
ROMcast provides bite-sized chunks of health, happiness, fitness and performance. Presented by Exercise Physiologist and Scientist, Coach and Director of Range of Motion, Dan Williams.