Leigh Whitehead is a Subject Matter Expert on Myofascial and Soft Tissue Release.
In this interview, Dan asks Leigh about how CrossFit athletes can benefit from his area of specialisation.
- The single biggest thing CrossFit athletes neglect.
- How more focus on self myofascial release could benefit CrossFitters.
- How to incorporate SMR into your training without spending more time at the gym.
- The smallest thing a CrossFit athlete could do to give the greatest benefit.
- What Leigh would like to see programmed as an event in The CrossFit Games.
- What Leigh will be covering at the Range of Motion Athlete Camp.
Leigh Whitehead runs the Functional Fascia Training workshops and is the Head of Training for Blackroll Australia, a company focussing on the health, fitness, rehabiliation and sports industry as well as engaging in fascia research. Leigh is a highly qualified personal trainer with over 10 years’ experience in the health and fitness industry, graduating from Australian Institute of Fitness with honors as a Master Trainer. He has divided his time between his role as owner and head coach of several F45 training studios, his own business Sustainable Human Movement. Leigh’s goal in life is to help other people to improve their ability to move and sustainably improve their health, fitness and performance.
ROMcast provides bite-sized chunks of health, happiness, fitness and performance. Presented by Exercise Physiologist and Scientist, Coach and Director of Range of Motion, Dan Williams.