Legless Rope Climb Stamina Exercise Improvement Program
Range of Motion’s Exercise Improvement Programs have been developed to assist in improving the ability to complete the movements that people most commonly struggle with. They are designed to be cycled through over time, with each session running for only five minutes. This allows them to be completed in addition to (not instead of) your regular programming.
- Session 1: TEST: Max legless rope climbs in five minutes.
- Session 2: One legless rope climb every ‘x’ seconds. Choose a number of seconds that will be very challenging to complete for five minutes. If repeating this session, reduce the number of seconds from last time it was completed successfully.
- Session 3: Max legless rope climbs in five minutes. Odd reps should be strict, even rounds with a big kip each bite of the rope.
- Session 4: Climb the rope using arms AND legs. Descend using arms only. Max reps in five minutes.
- Session 5: Max unbroken legless rope climbs (five minute cap). Toe tap on ground at the bottom of each decent.
Dan Williams is the Director of Range of Motion. He has a Bachelor of Science (Exercise and Health Science) and a Postgraduate Bachelor of Exercise Rehabilitation Science from The University of Western Australia, with minors in Biomechanics and Sport Psychology. He has worked with many thousands of individuals along the full spectrum of health, and has coached at The CrossFit Games. He regularly presents to corporate and fitness industry groups and mentors Fitness Professionals.