Quality criteria for this movement:
Quality criteria are a series of boxes that must be ticked to ensure good quality, safe, efficient and effective movement. These criteria don’t cover the start, mid and end points of a repetition, but the quality of what happens between these points. For optimal movement patterns, only repetitions that meet these criteria should be counted.
- No early arm bend.
- Hook grip.
- Receive bar just above parallel.
- Finishing the pull.
- Active shoulders.
- Shoulders not rolling forwards.
- Heels down in squat.
- Knees not falling in in squat.
- No rounding of the lower back in squat.
- No excessive foot turn-out in squat.
- Upright torso in squat.