Strict Handstand Push-Up Stamina Exercise Improvement Program
- Session 1: TEST: Max unbroken strict handstand push-ups.
- Session 2: Max strict HSPU in five minutes. If you expect more than 30, use a deficit that shouldn’t allow more than 30 reps. If you expect less than ten, use a band.
- Session 3: Max unbroken strict HSPU (60s cap). Rest 60s. Three rounds. If required, use a band that will give you 5-10 per minute.
- Session 4: One HSPU every 15 seconds for five minutes. Use a band/deficit if required to make challenging.
- Session 5: Every minute for five rounds complete five strict handstand push-ups. Use a band/deficit to make challenging.
- Session 6: In five minutes, progress as far through an unbroken strict HSPU ladder as possible. That is, one strict HSPU, two unbroken, three unbroken etc. If you don’t think you will get past five, use band assistance. Use a deficit if desired.
Dan Williams is the Director of Range of Motion and leads a team of Exercise Physiologists, Sports Scientists, Physiotherapists and Coaches. He has a Bachelor of Science (Exercise and Health Science) and a Postgraduate Bachelor of Exercise Rehabilitation Science from The University of Western Australia, with minors in Biomechanics and Sport Psychology.