Toes To Bar Ability Exercise Improvement Program
- Session 1: TEST: Max reps unbroken toes to bar (with no kip between each rep). If you cannot complete a single rep, record max height toes can reach.
- Session 2: Five rounds of: 15 second static hanging lat activation hollow hold, 15 second rest, 15 second hanging static arch hold, 15 second rest.
- Session 3: Complete five sets of six gymnastic kips with straight arms. Every odd repetition should be for max height without arm bend (lat activation). Use a partner to pull back on the rib cage for each max height attempt. Five minute cap.
- Session 4: Use assistance to complete a strict toes to the bar and complete a slow five second lower to hang. Accumulate 15 repetitions. Five minute cap.
- Session 5: In five minutes, complete 20 single kipping toes to bar attempts for max height.
- Session 6: Five rounds of: 10 second static L-hang (ensure lat activation, scale to tuck hang), 30 second banded (straight arm) banded pull downs, 10 second rest.
- Session 7: Accumulate 15 kipping toes to bar. If required, use a partner to assist (pulling back on the rib cage). Five minute cap.
Dan Williams is the Director of Range of Motion and leads a team of Exercise Physiologists, Sports Scientists, Physiotherapists and Coaches. He has a Bachelor of Science (Exercise and Health Science) and a Postgraduate Bachelor of Exercise Rehabilitation Science from The University of Western Australia, with minors in Biomechanics and Sport Psychology.