Pegboard Ability Exercise Improvement Program
Range of Motion’s Exercise Improvement Programs have been developed to assist in improving the ability to complete the movements that people most commonly struggle with. They are designed to be cycled through over time, with each session running for only five minutes. This allows them to be completed in addition to (not instead of) your regular programming.
- Session 1: With uneven rings, jump the chest to the top ring and complete a slow five second lower to hang. Accumulate 20 repetitions, alternating hands each rep. Five minute cap.
- Session 2: Three sets of four reps of the following (each set unbroken): 5 second uneven ring hang, strict uneven chest to top ring pull-up, 5 second hold at top, 5 second lower. Change hands after every rep.
- Session 3: With uneven rings, jump the chest to the top ring and lower quarter of the way down, hold three seconds. Lower half way down, hold three seconds. Lower three quarters of the way down, hold three seconds. Lower to hang. Complete four times in five minutes. Alternate hands each set.
- Session 4: Accumulate 15 difficult strict uneven chest to top ring pull-ups. Add weight or use partner assistance if required. Five minute cap.
- Session 5: On uneven rings, accumulate 60s secs chest to top ring hold on each side. 5 min cap.
Dan Williams is the Director of Range of Motion. He has a Bachelor of Science (Exercise and Health Science) and a Postgraduate Bachelor of Exercise Rehabilitation Science from The University of Western Australia, with minors in Biomechanics and Sport Psychology. He has worked with many thousands of individuals along the full spectrum of health, and has coached at The CrossFit Games. He regularly presents to corporate and fitness industry groups and mentors Fitness Professionals.