Ring Dip Stamina Exercise Improvement Program
- Session 1: TEST: Max unbroken kipping ring dips (two minute cap).
- Session 2: Max kipping ring dips in five minutes. If you expect more than 60, add weight that shouldn’t allow more than 60 reps. If you expect less than 20, use a band (attach above).
- Session 3: Max unbroken kipping ring dips (60s cap). Rest 60s. Three rounds. If required, use a band (attach above) that will give you 8-12 per minute.
- Session 4: Three ring dips every 15 seconds for five minutes. Use a band/weight to make challenging.
- Session 5: Every minute for five rounds complete ten kipping ring dips. Use a band/weight to make challenging.
- Session 6: In five minutes, progress as far through an unbroken kipping ring dip ladder as possible. That is, one kipping ring dip, two unbroken, three unbroken etc. If you don’t think you will get past five, use band assistance (above). Add weight if required.
Dan Williams is the Director of Range of Motion and leads a team of Exercise Physiologists, Sports Scientists, Physiotherapists and Coaches. He has a Bachelor of Science (Exercise and Health Science) and a Postgraduate Bachelor of Exercise Rehabilitation Science from The University of Western Australia, with minors in Biomechanics and Sport Psychology.