Strict Bar Dip Stamina Exercise Improvement Program
- Session 1: TEST: Max unbroken strict bar dips (two minute cap).
- Session 2: Max strict bar dips in five minutes. If you expect more than 60, add weight that shouldn’t allow more than 60 reps. If you expect less than 20, use a band.
- Session 3: Max unbroken strict bar dips (60s cap). Rest 60s. Three rounds. If required, use a band that will give you 8-12 per minute.
- Session 4: Three strict bar dips every 15 seconds for five minutes. Use a band/weight to make challenging.
- Session 5: Every minute for five rounds complete ten strict bar dips. Use a band/weight to make challenging.
- Session 6: In five minutes, progress as far through an unbroken strict bar dip ladder as possible. That is, one strict bar dip, two unbroken, three unbroken etc. If you don’t think you will get past five, use band assistance. Add weight if required.
Dan Williams is the Director of Range of Motion and leads a team of Exercise Physiologists, Sports Scientists, Physiotherapists and Coaches. He has a Bachelor of Science (Exercise and Health Science) and a Postgraduate Bachelor of Exercise Rehabilitation Science from The University of Western Australia, with minors in Biomechanics and Sport Psychology.