Strict Chest to Bar Pull-Up Ability Exercise Improvement Program
- Session 1: TEST: Complete a max weighted strict chest to bar pull-up. Use band assistance if required.
- Session 2: Accumulate two minutes static hanging lat activation hollow hold. Aim for maximum height. Five minute cap.
- Session 3: Jump the chest to the bar (overhand) and complete a slow five second lower to hang. Accumulate 20 repetitions. Five minute cap.
- Session 4: Three sets of three reps of the following (each set unbroken): Passive hang into 5 second static lat activation hollow hold, strict pull-up (chest to bar), 5 second hold at top, 5 second lower.
- Session 5: Jump the chest to the bar (overhand) and lower quarter of the way down, hold three seconds. Lower half way down, hold three seconds. Lower three quarters of the way down, hold three seconds. Lower to hang. Complete four times in five minutes.
- Session 6: Accumulate 15 difficult strict chest to bar pull-ups. Ideally, use a partner to assist. Use a band if no partner available. Five minute cap.
Dan Williams is the Director of Range of Motion. He has a Bachelor of Science (Exercise and Health Science) and a Postgraduate Bachelor of Exercise Rehabilitation Science from The University of Western Australia, with minors in Biomechanics and Sport Psychology. He has worked with many thousands of individuals along the full spectrum of health, and has coached at The CrossFit Games. He regularly presents to corporate and fitness industry groups and mentors Fitness Professionals.