Quality criteria for this movement:
Quality criteria are a series of boxes that must be ticked to ensure good quality, safe, efficient and effective movement. These criteria don’t cover the start, mid and end points of a repetition, but the quality of what happens between these points. For optimal movement patterns, only repetitions that meet these criteria should be counted.
- Bar sitting on top of shoulders (not front).
- Elbows high in the squat.
- Heels down in the squat.
- Knees not falling in in the squat.
- No rounding of the lower back in the squat.
- No excessive foot turn-out in the squat.
- Bar locked over upper back, not head.