Kipping Handstand Push-Up Stamina Exercise Improvement Program
- Session 1: TEST: Max unbroken kipping handstand push-ups (two minute cap).
- Session 2: Max kipping HSPU in five minutes. If you expect more than 60, use a deficit that shouldn’t allow more than 60 reps. If you expect less than 20, use a band.
- Session 3: Max unbroken kipping HSPU (60s cap). Rest 60s. Three rounds. If required, use a band that will give you 5-10 per minute.
- Session 4: Three HSPU every 15 seconds for five minutes. Use a band/deficit to make challenging.
- Session 5: Every minute for five rounds complete ten kipping handstand push-ups. Use a band/deficit to make challenging.
- Session 6: In five minutes, progress as far through an unbroken kipping HSPU ladder as possible. That is, one kipping HSPU, two unbroken, three unbroken etc. If you don’t think you will get past five, use band assistance. Use a deficit if desired.
Dan Williams is the Director of Range of Motion and leads a team of Exercise Physiologists, Sports Scientists, Physiotherapists and Coaches. He has a Bachelor of Science (Exercise and Health Science) and a Postgraduate Bachelor of Exercise Rehabilitation Science from The University of Western Australia, with minors in Biomechanics and Sport Psychology.