Quality criteria for this movement:
Quality criteria are a series of boxes that must be ticked to ensure good quality, safe, efficient and effective movement. These criteria don’t cover the start, mid and end points of a repetition, but the quality of what happens between these points. For optimal movement patterns, only repetitions that meet these criteria should be counted.
- Chest and hips lift at same time.
- No rounding of lower back.
- No rounding of upper back.
- No ‘forward swing’ of bar.
- Simultaneous lock of knees and hips.
- No hyperextension of lower back in lockout.
- Shoulders back in lockout.
- Knees staying apart.