Top Six Tips to Prepare for the Second Open of 2019
Did you know there are TWO CrossFit Opens in 2019?
Are you doing everything you should be to surpass your goals and dominate the October Open?
Here are our top six tips to make sure you’re doing everything you can to be ready:
- Do a full review of your performance in the first Open of 2019. It’s a great way to identify weaknesses. Read more.
- Make sure you’re following programming biased to YOUR needs. Spend more time working on your weaknesses. This is the most important thing you can do.
- Spend a lot of time doing lower intensity skill development to improve your efficiency and stamina on movements like chest to bar pull-ups, HSPU, toes to bar, double unders, walking handstands and muscle-ups.
- Build your mental strength by putting yourself in ‘competition style’ situations in training.
- In the four weeks leading up to The Open, add in some supplementary interval work – designed to improve your anaerobic threshold.
- Oh, and of course (blatant plug!), check out Range of Motion’s Six Month Open Prep Program!
Dan Williams is the Director of Range of Motion and leads a team of Exercise Physiologists, Sports Scientists, Physiotherapists and Coaches. He has a Bachelor of Science (Exercise and Health Science) and a Postgraduate Bachelor of Exercise Rehabilitation Science from The University of Western Australia, with minors in Biomechanics and Sport Psychology.